Libby and Noni, in third grade together, had become fast friends, when Libby wrote this Letter to God (imperfect spelling included): Dear God,
I have a new best friend! Her name is Noelle Shultz. She needs my help! I am going to do all of these things for her!
- Pray for her
- make sure she is safe
- help her to rememper to sit indian style
- ask her qestions
- tell her what to do on a paper
- help her learn letters
- help her learn numbers
- help her catch up in line
- help her how to say f better instead of S
- help her learn colors
- help her how to pick-up food and eat it
- help her how to spell words.
- help her how to use her maners
- help her how to write
- help her how to read
- tell her not to be afraid of big animals
- help her how to run faster
- help her how to count money
- help her to look at numbers and say what they are
- help her to learn like me
I promise I will do this for Noelle! ~Libby
Sweetness, too, comes with being a parent of a child with special needs. When you are present at a small miracle, for example, you know it.
Libby’s Letter to God gave me a glimpse of an angel inside.